ASME Standard Steel Seamless Steel Superheater for CFB Boiler
The Steam Superheater is a coil type heat exchanger which is used to produce superheated steam or to convert the wet steam to dry steam, generated by a boiler.
It is different from a boiler in a way that, boiler utilizes both sensible heat as well as latent heat to convert water into steam while superheater utilizes only sensible heat to superheat the steam in order to increase its enthalpy.
Benefits of Superheaters in Boilers
- Increase in efficiency of the steam power plant
- Minimized erosion of turbine blade
- Less steam consumption
- Reduction of condensation loss in the boiler steam pipes
- Increases the temperature of saturated steam by removing entrained water particles from turbines steam
Superheater Arrangement, specification and material:
Arrnagement and specification:
The boiler has high and low superheaters, the HS is arranged in the flue gas duct after cyclone separators, and the LS is arranged in back-end vertical shaft. The saturated steam is introduced into the ceiling enclosure headers by eight φ108×5 saturated steam connecting tubes on the drum, and then into the lower temperature superheater through φ 42×4.0 tubes, after being heated by LS, goes into desuperheater for adjusting temperature, and then goes into HS through eight tubes of φ108×5, and sent to steam turbine through main steam valve after going into SH outlet header.
The LT superheater adopts contranatant arrangement and the HT superheater is downstream arrangement. The collection and distribution of steam adopts the way of width direction to improve non-uniformity of steam flowing and prevent local coils superheated due to steam deflection.
To ensure safety operation, the LT superheater uses SA210 Gr.A1 seamless steel tubes, and the HT superheater uses low-alloyed SA213 T22 seamless steel tubes.
||carbon steel, alloy steel , or durable heat steel
||vertical or horizontal
Use of Superheaters in Industrial Boilers
- Superheaters are used where only dry steam is required in a process/machines such as Turbines. Any moisture content in a steam in such cases happens to degrade or corrode the machine thereby affecting its average operating life. So, superheater converts low-quality steam to high quality for end users.
- Sometimes, superheater is also needed when we need to transport steam to far off places as there are some temperature losses during its transportation.
- Superheaters can be used in a steam engine where absolute dry steam is needed to prevent wear and tear of engine parts.
- In case of water tube boilers, hot gases will provide the required temperature to produce superheated steam and superheater may be an additional part of the furnace area. In other cases, separately fired superheater may be required because gas turbine produced gases are relatively cool.
HD Boiler offers a best in class facility,including
- Fabrication area of 200,000 square meters
- 80 Engineers
- 200 Coded welders
- 30 Licensed Inspectors (including NDT level-lll instructors)
- Grade-ALicenses for Design and Manufacture boiler (issued by the State Administration of Quality Supervision and Inspection)
- ISO 90001:2008 Quality System
- ASME Certificate of Utility Boiler
- ASME‘S’ , ‘U’ and NB stamp authorization